Cea Bermudez Dental Clinic 46
What is Periodontology?
Periodontics is the branch of DENTISTRY that deals with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases that affect the supporting tissues of the tooth: gums and bone. The main periodontal diseases are: gingivitis and periodontitis.
We offer a periodontics without pain
What are gingivitis and periodontitis?
They are two very common diseases, most of the population has ever suffered them, both gingivitis and periodontitis affect the gums, they are caused by accumulation of bacteria and tartar.
● Gingivitis It results when the infection affects only the gum, it becomes inflamed, reddens and begins to bleed. So that this does not happen we must prevent it, if it is not treated in due course the safest is that periodontitis appears.
● Periodontitis It occurs when gingivitis has not been treated in time, and it also affects the gums, causing periodontal pockets, reaching the bone and the root. This oral disease can be detrimental to our health, so we must always go periodically (preferably every 6 months) to the reviews recommended by our Cea Bermudez Dental Clinic 46
What are the causes of these diseases?
The main cause is the accumulation of bacteria between the gum and the teeth.
There are other types of factors that cause the development of these diseases, such as:
● Tobacco contains very toxic substances such as tar, nicotine and many more that produce a greater accumulation of bacterial plaque, greater wear on the tooth bone, making the smoker have more accumulated and more aggressive bacteria.
● Hormonal changes in women, such as pregnancy, can negatively affect the gums during this state.
● People with diabetes often have gingivitis or periodontitis since they are more sensitive to oral infections.
Tips from our doctors to avoid these diseases:
Dr. Ramón Soto-Yarritu and Dr. Miriam Rodero as well as our specialized periodontists give us a series of tips to avoid these types of diseases as much as possible:
Avoid foods that contain excessive sugar, if consumed, do so at meals or snacks and never before going to bed.
It is very important to brush your teeth in a correct way three times a day with a good toothpaste, in addition you must always influence the dental cleaning at night since this is the most important.
It would be ideal to reduce alcohol as much as possible and the consumption of tobacco, since these two habits help to promote oral cancer.
If you have piercings you have to pay attention to them as these can cause tooth wear, bacteria formation, etc.
Visit the dentist as much as possible every 6 months or 1 year for a routine checkup.
What treatments are there to cure periodontitis?
Periodontitis is treated by thoroughly cleaning when there is no bone loss, the basic treatment is to clean the mouth with local anesthesia.
In our clinic for these cases we use the curettage technique, it consists of cleaning and removing excess bacterial plaque from under the gums using the appropriate materials. It will always be done with local anesthesia, since it is a comprehensive and thorough cleaning, after curettage the already disinfected gum reattaches itself to the tooth, preventing bacteria from reintroducing itself.
For more severe periodontitis cases in which there is considerable bone loss, a previous study must be done to see what treatments must be carried out.
In our clinic we always try to rebuild bone as much as possible using biomaterials, which in the hands of experts such as Dr. Ramón Soto-Yarritu and Dr. Mercedes Durán allow excellent results.
Frequent questions Periodontics
Professionalism, rigor, seriousness and closeness
Start your Treatment
Come and meet us without commitment
Our Patients Say
I can only thank you for everything you have done for me and my family, close and honest treatment coupled with great professionalism. The price is neither expensive nor cheap, neither is it a bargain nor is it impossible, a visit is highly recommended.
My son's orthodontics was a success, a case that nobody wanted to treat because of how difficult it was after 2 and a half years ends with a real success. Great professionals and better people.
After doing many laps and having a major health problem in my mouth, I have managed to find some real professionals, from the beginning they gave me confidence and tranquility. The truth is that I did many laps before meeting them and it was a gift for me to find the doctors and their entire team.
Congratulations to the entire team at the clinic of Dr. Ramón Soto Garrido, I met them online and it was a success. No pain and an excellent end result. Great professionals without a doubt, in a sector where it is not easy to find qualified and honest professionals.